We have a Kidz Quiz sheet that has three competitions and the answers can be found on the various notices you see, when you walk round the Blue Walk, White Walk & the Red/Yellow Walks. Enter one, two or three quizzes dependent on which Walks you follow.
The prizes are kindly supplied by the National Farmers Union (NFU).
Collect your quiz sheet from the Gate House when you next visit and give it a go!
Post your finished quiz form in the box in the Animal Barn
All correct entries will be put in a draw after the Bluebell Walk is closed.
Prize winners will be told by telephone or email.
All names and other details will then be destroyed.
A demonstration of bodging by Henry McCutchan will happen most weekends during the Bluebell Walk using a pole lathe and other associated wood crafts to demonstrate wood turning. Bodging is an Old English term for the hand turning craft of making chairs and small wooden items.
Henry is a member of the local branch of the Association of Pole Lathe Turners and Green Woodworkers www.bodgers.org.uk
The site is in the Millennium Avenue adjacent to the Gate House. Henry says 'Watch, comment, have a go, adults as well as children'! No electricity, no noise, the traditional way to make Windsor Chairs and all types of stools.
RULES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE COMPETITION
1. This competition is for images taken at the 2017 Bluebell Walk. There are two classes, firstly the Adult Class for photographers aged 16 years and over as at the start of the 2017 Arlington Bluebell Walk and within this class there are five categories:-
A. – CLOSE UP: a plant (wild flower, grass, fern, moss, lichen, fungi), tree bark, invertebrate (insects, spiders, or any creepy-crawly!) etc
B. – LANDSCAPE: View from one of the Walks
C. – PORTRAIT: Person or people
D. – FLORA & FAUNA: Tree(s), shrub(s), wild flower(s), fern(s), grass, moss or animal(s)
You may enter one or more categories and up to three images per category.
2. The second class is the Junior Class for photographers aged under 16 years as at the start of the 2017 Arlington Bluebell Walk. In this class there is no restriction on the subject of images entered and up to 3 images may be submitted per entrant.
3. All entries should be sent as high quality colour or black & white prints, no larger than A4 size, and must be received by 1st June 2017
4. Each image should be identified by writing on the back or using a sticky label giving an image title, whether it is being entered in the Adult or Junior class and in the case of the former the category A, B, C, or D, the photographer’s name, address and contact details, plus where on the walk it was taken. If you write this information on the back of the print please be careful to ensure that the front surface is not damaged.
5. There is no entry fee for the competition which is open to all having paid to visit the Arlington Bluebell Walk in 2017.
6. Prizes in the Adult class will be £20 for the first placed image and £10 for the second placed image in each category. The judges at their discretion may also award highly commended certificates with the prize being a voucher giving one person free entry to the 2018 Bluebell Walk.
7. Prizes for both the first and second placed images in the Junior class will be a 2018 Family Ticket and if the judges at their discretion also award any highly commended certificates a free entry for one adult & one child to the 2018 Bluebell Walk.
8. An entry, which might or might not be a winning image, may be chosen to be featured on the cover of our 2018 Publicity Leaflet and will also receive a £20 prize.
9. The judges are two members of the Hailsham Photographic Society, the webmaster of www.bluebellwalk.co.uk and John McCutchan. Images will be judged on composition, visual appeal, technical ability, presentation and subject matter. If an image in the view of the judges is in the wrong category, it will be changed. Prize winners will receive notification by 1st August with their certificates awarded soon after. Winning images will also be published on our website.
10. The address to send your prints is: Bluebell Walk Photographic Competition, Bates Green Farm, Tye Hill Road, Arlington, Nr Polegate BN26 6SH
11. We cannot accept responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed or damaged for any reason.
12. The copyright of any image remains with the photographer although by entering the competition you authorise the Arlington Bluebell Walk to use your image(s) adjusted as necessary for any publicity or for the promotional purposes of the Arlington Bluebell Walk. Any images used will be attributed to the photographer and no other use will be made of any image submitted without the photographer’s consent. Any information provided in respect of this competition will remain confidential to the Arlington Bluebell Walk and will not be made available to any third party without consent.
13. All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries or their parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.
14. Whilst the Arlington Bluebell Walk makes every effort to ensure that the publication of images is to the highest standard, we are unable to guarantee the quality of reproduction when shown on www.bluebellwalk.co.uk or otherwise displayed.
15. The judges’ decision is final.
16. By entering our competitions you are deemed to have read and agreed with the Rules and Terms & Conditions. Arlington Bluebell Walk reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or the Rules and Terms at any time without prior notice.
Any such changes will be posted on www.bluebellwalk.co.uk website.